Teaching: Improvisational Quilting Class

On Saturday, I taught my first improvisational quilting class and it was so much fun!
The busy work-room

The class is based on my split log cabin quilts. (You can see my green one here and my blue one here.) It's so cool to watch other people take that design and interpret it into their own styles. The color and fabric choices (oh, that wool flannel!) are wonderful. This was the first in a two-part class and I'll post more photos of the works in progress after our next meeting! Hope everyone does their homework!

If you live in the San Francisco area and are interested in signing up for this class, you can register for the next session at New Pieces Quilt Shop. Class starts March 1 at 6:15 pm!  All levels of quilting ability are welcome!

4 comments:

  1. I wish I could be there. I love your quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this posting and the quilts are wonderful. What a great teacher you are, the students look like they are having a ball. Improvisational quilts are my favorite. I like starting with an idea and not really knowing where it will take me. Great job!!! So, when are you going to be in Oklahoma????? Just kidding, but, would love to take one of your classes. Maybe someday!!!
    Again, thanks so much for sharing your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I love seeing this quilt made so many different ways. Can't wait till next week to see how my students are progressing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a wonderful class...I'm a big fan of improvising!!!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis