Disaster, or why you should always finish projects in a timely manner.

This is the quilt top:
Silk Carnival Quilt based on a pattern by Norah McMeeking
...and this is what happens to it when you leave it folded on the sofa in your studio under the shelf where you often leave your tea...for months...because you haven't gotten around to finishing it yet...and then you open it up one day, thinking, perhaps this week, it will get finished...and find matching Rorschach stains of disaster.
...and this is what it looks like after you try to remove the stain.
Bleeding, rumpled, mess of ruined silk

Not a good day.

P.S. Just in case you think I'm completely mad for trying to remove the stain myself, after reading countless online tips for removing stains from silk, I did consult a dry cleaner, who was not at all willing to take the risk to remove it there as the entire thing is backed with fusible interfacing.  But, here's the lesson learned from that - if there's red silk involved, perhaps have them just give it a try before dunking it in a tub of oxi-clean??? 

4 comments:

  1. SO SAD! But I still think its pretty

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's going to make a beautiful crazy quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh goodness, I feel your pain, I really do. However, it still is beautiful and I think you should go ahead and quilt it up, embracing it''s imperfections.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis