Voices in Cloth and Stitch Modern. Two Great Quilt Groups and Two Great Quilt Shows!

I'll just say it - if you're a quilter, the San Francisco Bay Area is the place to be.  This area is blessed with great museums, great fabric stores and an even greater quilting and sewing community.  Just in the next month, there are two great quilt shows!  This weekend, March 19 & 20, the East Bay Heritage Quilt Guild will be hosting their bi-annual quilt show at the beautiful Craneway Pavilion.  Every member has a chance to show a quilt of their choice and the range of different types of quilting is really fun to see.  There will also be a special exhibit of Julie Silber's "Maverick Quilts," which I'm super excited to check out.

I will be doing a free demo on Sunday from 12-1.  my topic is "Improvising with Structure," and I've been having so much coming up with samples!  You can find out more about the my demo as well as what else will be on offer here.  Entry to the show is $15, but the demos are all free with admittance!

Some samples for the Improvising with Structure demonstration

The second show I want to tell you about is Stitch Modern, which runs from April 8 - May 8 at the Piedmont Center for the Arts.  This show is very special to me because it's the 5th year that my group, the East Bay Modern Quilters, has put on this month long exhibit!  Amazing!  And, every year it gets better.  Many of the events hosted over the course of the month are free, or at a very low cost and open to all ages.  This is an event that we put on to promote our love of the art and we want to share it with as many people as possible!  Check out what we have going on, or sign up for the East Bay Modern Quilters newsletter to keep abreast of late-breaking news.


I have work in both shows, so go check them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis