Learning: Bonding Time

I've got a lot to learn about longarm quilting.  I've had some practice quilting on a frame with a mid-arm sewing machine, but there are so many more wonderful options with a longarm, I feel like I'm back to square one...well, maybe square two.  To get some practice, my friend and fellow East Bay Modern Quilt Guild member, Deanna Davis generously allowed me to use her quilt and a few others made for the Children's Quilts project as guinea pigs.  Deanna coordinates this huge program that donates over 1000 quilts to children in need every year!
Deanna's quilt on the frame

Deanna's quilt was made using the Daisy Janie Organic Shades of Grey organic cotton as part of an East Bay Modern fabric challenge.  Doesn't it look great with the red roses?



I'm pretty pleased with how the quilting looks on the back.  I hope Deanna likes it!

If you would like to get involved with the Children's Quilt Project, check out the information on the East Bay Heritage Quilt Guild site for the many different ways you can contribute.

*I meant to post the next couple of entries awhile ago, but I was so busy getting ready for my trip to Virginia, that I completely ran out of time trying to finish up all the orders from my Etsy shop, teaching my Split Log Cabin class, and packing!  So, here they are now...but I'll get to all the fun in VA next week!


4 comments:

  1. This is looking amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Stacey! Looks like you've got the hang of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, you've mastered that thing! The quilt looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks fantastic to me!!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis