Infinite Variety - The Red and White Quilt Show

The Red and White Quilt Show!

I can't believe how lucky I am that I just happened to be in New York the same week as the show, Infinite Variety, Three Centuries of Red and White Quilts, hosted by the American Folk Art Museum at the Park Ave. Armory.  Since I make and sell quilts under the name, Peppermint Pinwheels, you know I've got a soft spot for red and white quilts.


It. Was. A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!!!  And that could be an understatement.  The show was only up for 6 days and I caught it on the very last day.  There were 650 quilts - all of them red and white.  I took so many pictures.  I hope you can get just a little bit of the overwhelming awesomeness that was this show through my pictures, and if you want to see more, you can go to the Flickr site set up by the Folk Art Museum to document photos taken at the exhibit.

Did I have a favorite?  I don't know yet.  I'm still processing all the different designs.  The show was unbelievably, wonderfully, incredibly, impressive.  (Can you tell I looked up the word awesome in the thesaurus?) 

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing these awesome quilts! A red and white nine patch is on my short list and I can't wait to make it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would have loved to have seen this. It must have been mind blowing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so envious! Sounds like you had a great trip, can't wait to hear about the rest... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so wish I could have seen this but it makes me feel better that two of my friends had the chance to take it in and take tons of photos! What a treat!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis